Monday, June 16, 2003

The pattern for the bookmark was really an edging, not an insertion. The nice thing about an edging is that you can join on either side and have two different results. I'll have to try this one again and join the chains instead of the rings. I think it will show the rings off better that way. I just kind of guessed at how to finish each end but it worked out well. I made a chain with picots, then a ring which could have been from a 2nd shuttle ball thread, but I did the shoestring trick, crossing the threads over and then crossing back to continue on the chain for the other side. For the top ring, I added picots for decorative effect, but for the bottom, it was just a plain ring because I knew I wanted to put the tassel there.

I got this blinkie from this page. Creative people are so cool!

Time to go home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.