Monday, October 20, 2003

I took photos on Saturday but I still have a few on the roll to take. I forgot to mention Tat-man's legendary tatting speed! He gave a little demonstration as requested and it just happened that he was standing at my left shoulder so I got a bird's eye view as his hands shuttled at lightning speed. If I'd taken a photo, all you would see is bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr. I drop the shuttle too much to ever get up any speed.



I tatted this little motif with the shuttle I got from Jan. It's from the Japanese book Tatting by Yusai Shokoin. I've made a few of the motifs in there - very delicate and pretty ones. I put this one in a coaster and will give it to Jan in appreciation for giving me her grandmother's shuttle. Unless I change my mind and decide to make another motif instead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.