Friday, August 24, 2007

What is a meme?

People often ask, "What is a Meme?" so here's a more than a little information on that. I pronounce it so it's rhymes with 'dream'; some pronounce it so it sounds like 'mem' (from mem-ory). First off, technically most of the sites here are not memes. The fact that most of these sites create new questions all the time removes the whole evolving viral concept of a meme. But most people call them that and I liked the word 'meme' so I used meme.

In the context of web logs / 'blogs / blogging and other kinds of personal web sites it's some kind of list of questions that you saw somewhere else and you decided to answer the questions. Then someone else sees them and does them and so on and so on. I generally consider these to be actual questions and not some multiple choice quizzes that determine some result at the end (what color you are most like, what cartoon character are you, what 80s movie are you).
(from The Daily Meme)

I've been noticing several blogs with meme's....and while I could see the questions and answers, I too wondered, what the hell is a meme? LOL! So now you know.

I got a mysterious postcard from Wally saying she'd be in Puerto Rico in a few weeks and had some thread samples to send me. Thank you Wally! Are you coming to Palmettos by any chance?

Here's the fabric I bought today for the Victorian Tat Day in Greenfield tomorrow. I only need 2 fabrics, the outside and the lining for the tote, but I wasn't sure which I wanted for the lining so I bought both. I love the floral print. I don't expect to have time to really make the tote tomorrow. I have to leave early for a class reunion so I'll focus on the tatting part instead. I also have to pick out thread......hope I've got thread to coordinate....oh my....if not....I'll be FORCED to buy some!

The glove is not done. I tatted two rows on the thumb last night but it was late and I was tired and I just gave up. I didn't know until last night that friends coming into town for the reunion would want to get together tonight. I'll take what I have and finish it later. hmmmm....the color of those gloves will go nicely with that fabric.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.