Friday, November 30, 2007

I finished the second mitten tonight. Certainly not my best knitting job but it was a good warm up. I forgot I bought those round knitting looms last winter on clearance. I should give those a try for some hats. Mostly, I just want to use up this yarn rather than put it in "storage". I don't have to. I just want to. Once again, I'm beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed by what I want to get done.

I need to set up the display window at work this weekend - a holiday safety theme. I tried writing up some dialogue at work today...but I just can't quite get on paper what I sorta see in my head. It's not clear yet and that's why.

I did a little surfing today, trying to catch up with everyone. I found that Turkey Feathers is having a Scavenger Hunt to go with her Dollar Days on Etsy. Looks like a fun timewaster....not that I need anything to waste my time on!

One thing about this time of year is that there is so much inspiration that I feel like my head is going to explode. While I was waiting for my lunch today, I was jotting ideas down on a scrap of paper from my purse. I have a paper laying by my desk at work that I scribbled some ideas on the other day and I seem to remember writing something in a tablet here at home. Getting ideas is no problem...executing them is. There are people paid to think up designs. They don't even have to actually do them, they just come up with the idea or the sketch and someone else does the detail work. I want a job like that!!!!

I did get the gingerbread boy in the E-snips files. I have him on my yahoo group too, Tatting Goddess Updates, as well as some others in the file section. I tried to find my Southwest Butterfly to add and I can't seem to find it on the computer so it must be saved on a CD. I'll find it another time. I think I looked on the home computer but not the work one. Ha! Found it. I'll put it in before I go to bed.

I also changed the url for Irish Pam's blog on the sidebar. I had her personal blog listed there but her tatting blog has a different link. Not sure how that happened. I think I have some blogs to add - I'm usually in a hurry when I check my google alerts and don't check to see if I have them listed.

I found some pretties while shopping this evening but I can't show you because they might go to you or someone you know.

Tomorrow I tat at the Brew Pub from 10-1 for Dickens of a Christmas. I've mentioned it here before...just about every year, I think. LOL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.