Monday, December 31, 2007



I don't have any tatting to show this last day of 2007 but I did receive some thread from Sherry Pence aka LadyShuttlemaker today. When I saw the Rainbow Sherbert lot, I was in love with it. As with Marilee's thread, I have no specific project in mind but I'll know it when it calls my name. I suspect it will be a flower. I'm tempted to make a small doily or mat that I can frame but I'll have to play with another size 20 thread and see how much it takes before I use this one.

In the meantime, I've been working on a project for my lace guild - crochet this time. I will teach the other thimble holder I posted recently because the stitches are simpler but I want to show other possibilities at the same time. This is actually from a Southmaid publication. I crocheted the toothfairy angel and pouch for my granddaughter years ago.
I used a bead on the ribbon. The instructions call for sewing a bead on each chain loop but I chose not to do that on this sample. I'm going to make another in a variegated thread and crochet the beads in as I go.

Speaking of publications, I bought several knitting magazines at the Half-Price bookstore the other day and when I went through one yesterday, I saw instructions on how to knit with beads. There are several ways actually. I guess what I'm doing with the amulet bag is okay. I'm certainly not going to rip it out NOW!

I haven't given much thought to a New Year's Resolution yet. Once again, I'll finish the T.A.T program. Life keeps getting in the way and that's okay - I'm enjoying it. I would like to finish it though since I'm about halfway or more. It's so easy to get sidetracked. I'm also finishing my son's quilt this year. (you've heard that one before, right?) I have the fabric, the completed blocks and the sewing machine right behind me though and I found the papers for the paper piecing so I think it's a go this time. It's going to be a fun year with my son getting married and cruise to the Bahamas. I'll teach at Hector. I don't think I'll plan much beyond that but watch out 2009!

For now...I'm counting my blessings of the past year...meeting up with so many wonderful friends and staying in touch with those I didn't meet up with. I appreciate each and every one of you. I love the ideas and the creativity and the sharing and the enthusiasm. I love the internet for bringing us all together. May we all have prosperity and inspiration in the coming year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.