Wednesday, June 25, 2008


Rules:

1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award - elements include creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award-winner, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y pico"blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) To show these rules.

I was nominated by Lady Shuttlemaker for this award. She also tagged me to share 6 unimportant facts about myself. I didn't see the rules for this until later and those say to name 4 people.

It was funny - I'd been thinking about what is going on in blogging, the meme's and the awards, commenting, etc. It will wait for another post some slow day.

At this point it's hard to tag or award someone who hasn't already been tagged or awarded....not that that should have anything to do with it other than it feels obnoxious to keep doing that to someone in some ways. It's also flattering, but since it does require a person to do something, I always feel hesitant about it. I have to admit I sort of like those blogs that offer themes for certain days that you can participate in or not, as you want. But...I have more than enough to entertain myself with for a couple of lifetimes. LOL!

Like Sherry, I'm going to make up my own rules, but first - 6 unimportant things about me - at least from my perspective.

1. My virtual age is 46.7 and my life expectancy is 89.3 years, according to the last test I took. I will biologically be 59 next month. The older I get, the less important age is. Funny thing is, you have to get older to understand how unimportant it really is. It's largely based on expectations presented to you when you are very young. I remember, when I was a girl, seeing a quote by a famous actress in a magazine. She was asked how it felt to be 50 and her response was, "Well..I don't know. How is 50 supposed to feel?" That intrigued me - I think I was maybe 12 or 13 at the time. I remember the mindset of adult women then....you couldn't have long hair after age 30. You could only wear certain colors at certain ages. White gloves and shoes only after a certain date in the Spring (was it Easter?) and on and on and on. The barriers women had to live with...I am so happy to be part of the changing generation.

2. I have short wide feet with toes that line up from big to little in a straight line. I used to think everyone else's feet were deformed because their second toe was longer than the first. I had a father-in-law who called me "Stub" because of my overall shortness. (lovingly)

3. I have a purple bedroom. It's not that purple is my favorite color or anything but at that particular point in my life, I wanted to do something different with color in my house. I painted my bathroom a deep bright blue then too but have since repainted it. I think it had something to do with making myself not be afraid to try something new. I still like it but am beginning to think of doing something different.

4. I taught my two youngest sons to drive - a stick-shift at that. Neither of them has had the accidents or speeding tickets that my two older kids had who took the school's driver education course. It also gave me peace of mind when they got their licenses because by that time we had driven so many miles in so many conditions that I felt secure about their driving abilities.

5. My mother had a snake phobia. When I was a young mother, I took a shovel out and sliced off the head of a snake sunning itself on some rocks by the house. I was instantly mortified. I suddenly understood in that moment that I had simply followed my mother's habit when the snake was doing nothing other than enjoying itself in the sun. I wasn't afraid of snakes. I didn't want them in my house, but I was not petrified of them. The remorse I felt was horrible. I have never killed another snake.

6. But speaking of phobias...I do have a rat phobia. I've gotten better over time, but I still feel panicky and tense, even when they are in a cage and I can see them. If I can only hear them and know they are loose, I can't deal with it. I have to leave.

I think I will have to pick my successors later! I need to get to the gym now.

Also...got my book by Inga with the carousel at the weekend. sigh....such a big project...I still haven't done the chess set!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.