Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Roses, Roses!

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed wandering through the blog of Luci Ayyat, known as DuhBe.com. I need to ask her how she came up with that name! I won 10 hand stitched roses in the colors of my choice at the end of the OWOH blog event.

Here's the box and you can see the roses are so lovingly packaged that I almost hated to open them up!

Luci has tons of colors available and I came close to getting 10 different colors but I plan to paint and rennovate my bedroom when it warms up and the color scheme will be white and yellow. Mostly white, so I decided to choose 7 lemon yellow roses and 3 ivory ones.

Here's a close-up of the yellow one. They are so luxurious to touch too. Soft and slick.

And a close up of the ivory. My other first choices were teal, 2 shades of green and 2 shades of purple/mauve. But that's not all Luci has on her blog! She has tutorials on all kinds of things, including her fabric roses. Tatters aren't the only fiber artists generous with their knowledge!

Thank you Luci!

6 comments:

  1. Gina you certainly hit pay dirt. What beautiful roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are beautiful! You were quite lucky with the drawings =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous!
    I have read the tutorial linked too, the roses are really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am completely blushing right now. Thank you Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gina. I left a message for you on your other site. Please check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by my blog. What a great idea to go back more slowly.
    You are lucky that you won two prizes. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.