Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm finally done tracing the bolero pattern on muslin. It will take approximately 34 yards of cord in size 10. I'd prefer size 20 but that means I'll do the fillig stitches in size 20. I think it will be awhile before I have that much cord crocheted up. I might change my mind about the design in the meantime. Maybe I will do a small segment for practice.


I bought this Coats & Clark machine embroidery thread at JoAnn Fabrics over the weekend. I tatted a small segment of curds & whey to see how it tatted. I tried to remember to tat loose but wasn't always successful. The thread is fairly strong but I'm pretty sure it would break at some point if I weren't careful. Such a pretty color!










Today I was in Michael's and bought these sew-on Swarovski crystals with my 40% off coupon. It's hard to tell but there are 2 holes on opposite sides of the outer circle. There were also some with holes in the inner circle, like buttons. Lots of ideas dancing around in my head about this.




All of these links are from CQ Mag Online:

Crazy Quilting with tatting

CQ with buttons
With tatting & buttons
Red, white & blue CQ

Crocheted thimble pouch

Brazilian embroidery

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.