Saturday, February 04, 2012

I took a class today with the wonderful watercolorist Rena Brouwer! Unfortunately, I didn't do it justice. She gave lots of great tips and advice - I just couldn't get into it that much today. I don't like my building at all but I'll try again.

Last night I finally worked on this week's TAST. I particularly like the Herringbone stitch done with two threads or more. It creates a nice texture and pattern of interest. It took me awhile to get the hang of it. Now I want to use it somewhere!

6 comments:

  1. nice start with your watercolors, and good job with the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your picture, watercolor, imo, isn't that easy. the colors bleed, and blend,(the entire object of the medium) and you really have to know how to blend them, and it is not my best medium, I am way too detail oriented... I really admire your work on the trees and landscape, and I know I can not do them the way you did, I think you did a fabulous job, and you should admire your own work, we are always our own worst critics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did well with your water colour. I love the softness and ethereal look.

    Sometimes the benefit of classes takes a while to filter through and fit into the way you see and do things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh! You try so many new techniques, and you work so beautifully on all of them. You are my inspiration, and someday I hope to be able to spend time learning to embroider, paint, etc. Please keep posting! I am so envious, but it's a good envy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your building! And your stitching too!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your watercolor! Another one of those things I'd love to take a class to learn. I just love how you dabble in a bit of everything like me - you are such an inspiration for me to make time :)

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.