Monday, June 11, 2007

Here's my bookmark from Lori as a result of the bookmark exchange. Lori used a pattern in Tatting Ideas by Yusai Shukoin with size 70 Venus thread. It's so delicate and dainty looking! And such a pretty lavendar shade...goes with my Tatting Goddess figure. Lori has such nice even tatting too.



I finally took the last prototype off of the blocking board. The stitch count worked out nicely but I still want to try another shape. Finding time to play now is a big issue.




I had originally paired these two threads up for the tatted paisley in Kaye Judt's workshop after Lace Day, but I quickly figured out it was too fiddly for something I was going to have to be fiddly with anyway so I used a different thread. This is a spool of Dritz metallic red and Sulky 30 color 932 2245.

When I rediscovered them the other day, I decided to see how they worked and tried out the Insertion "trellis" on pg. 63 of Mary Konior's Tatting in Lace. I added the arch at the end, thinking it might be a bookmark....or it may just become a sample in my sample book. Once you start tatting, it behaves fairly well as long as you don't have too much thread out free. The metallic tends to kink so keeping as little as possible between the spools and the work seems essential to avoid going bald.

I'm housesitting for a friend in mid-July to mid-August and I thought I would take my paint supplies and some books to read instead of my lace stuff. It's entirely possible I will grab a shuttle and thread the first time I go home to pick up my mail, but at the moment, it seems like a good opportunity to put it away for awhile and focus on other things. Another reason to get my coworker's motifs done. Their computer is dialup and while I will be checking in, it will be a lot of trouble to post very much and I wont' be able to scan anything.

I haven't been doing much at all. I worked a little on the hardanger finishing the center of the last kloster I made and I did some embroidery on the Trash to Treasures bag but that's all. I don't have my ac in yet and it's beginning to warm up again. Actually, I finished the embroidery on the bag. I thought I downloaded it before I left home but I guess not. I decided against putting tatting on it and decided to go with the denim bag I have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.