Sunday, September 07, 2003

The threads are here!!!! This is machine embroidery thread so it is on spools like sewing thread and about the same thickness. It's quite strong and a little slick but I also got knots easily as it tends to unflip if I went too fast. Unfortunately, the sun was already too far down in the horizon to have time to get the ultraviolet reaction. So here is the butterfly I quickly and loosely tatted. Maybe tomorrow I can show it to you as a purple butterfly!


In the meantime, I'm going to work on the hummer again. I didn't like the second version last night. Something wasn't right.

later................I taped it to the car window while driving so it would be exposed to light. It did get lavendar, but didn't stay. It seems it only changes when exposed to UV light and then goes back to white when the light it gone. bummer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.