Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Today, two co-workers and myself went up north to do some farm inspections. I took some tatting with me to do while riding. I decided to try the Sunflower doily in Tatting Patterns and Designs by Gun Blomqvist and Elwy Persson. I'm using a Sulky variegated, #932-2245, in Autumn colors. It's a slick feeling thread and quite small. The thing I don't like about this book is that it never tells you when to reverse your work. Sometimes you do and sometimes you don't. It can take me a while to figure it out from the photograph and I really wish they had gone to the bother to note it.

I've spent all evening cleaning out 3 bedrooms so the guy who is coming to measure for carpet tomorrow can get around. That means much of my tatting is now scattered in bins and down in the basement.


Hmmmmm, I'll bet that variegated thread would make a great cat from Becky's book! Sort of a tortoise colored cat.

sigh......................I'll be busy much of the next 2 evenings so very little tatting will get done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.