Sunday, August 31, 2003

Somehow, Witt's webpage disappeared, but no matter, she made a new one. I'll bet that book of poetry about the chickens is good too!

I started this yesterday and got sidetracked with other things. I'm still sorting and cleaning. It's really hard not to stop and try some of the things I've found and forgotten I had! LOL! I found a cross-stitch card kit that I bought on clearance cheeeeeeep with the intention of putting tatting into it. I found books I sorta forgot I had. I have sooooo much thread - time to get to tatting and using some up. But first, I have to make some clothes for the Feast of the Hunter's Moon. "The Feast of the Hunters' Moon is a re-creation of the annual fall gathering of the French and Native Americans which took place Fort Ouiatenon, a fur-trading outpost in the mid - 1700s. It is held annually in early autumn on the banks of the Wabash River, four miles southwest of West Lafayette, Indiana. More than 8,000 participants re-enact this event creating a feast for your senses. Smell the wood smoke, hear the report of the rifles, savor authentic food and more"

It's usually held the early part of October but the date was changed this year for some reason. I think it will work out better. October either rains or is sooo cold. Last year was just perfect though. I even got a little warm, sitting out there on my bale of straw, demonstrating tatting. A tad bit uncomfortable too. I really wish they had Renaissance Fairs locally. No tatting then, but I love the atmosphere of that time period.

Well, more busy stuff to attend to today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.