Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Wow! It's unbelievable that I've barely tatted, let alone written here.


Here's one thing that took up a good part of my weekend. You can't really see the paint all that well, but it's fantastic. Everyone comes in to admire it. My sister used this technique in her bathroom and gave me the leftover paint and loaned me the roller. She has a gorgeous border that really sets it off but a border wasn't feasible in this area.

I started moving stuff out on Saturday but I didn't have much time before I went over to Global Fest to demonstrate tatting there. I was only there for 2 hours, but when I left, I had to go straight home for my daughter to pick me up and from there, we went on to Chuckee Cheese in Indianapolis to celebrate my great-neice's birthday. It was a little after 9:00 p.m. when I got home.

I got to the office around noon on Sunday, after a stop at the paint store and return trip to home to pick up the ladder I forgot. My son came by and helped me move more stuff around and out and also took all the shelving down and the bulletin board and a few other hanging things. I finally got started on the painting around 2:00 p.m. and was finished by 5:00 but then I had to clean up my mess so I was there another 1 1/2 hours.

Boy was I tuckered when I got home. My shoulder still hurts from using the roller and my legs still feel like they're going up and down the ladder when I climb stairs. Sunday, I was there from 1:30 til 6:00 p.m. Again, my son came and put up everything he took down. I still haven't put my teapots back on the shelf or hung my pictures. I still have an in-basket to sort and a box. I guess they will wait. I've been very busy at work the last few weeks.

Sunday was also my youngest son's 23rd birthday. We went out to eat last night. I'm still trying to rearrange my flights so that I can go to Portland after Camp Wannatat. Got an oil change scheduled for Monday. Need to finish up the hearts for my co-worker's wedding before I leave too. Just need a few more little ones and to find a frame and mat. The days are waaaaaaaay too short!

Arial has revamped her website. Lots of nice tatting there!

The Tattinggoddess group has nearly completed a tatted bag exchange and we already have a few more in the works.

I might have seen these before, but I don't remember it if I did. It is the Lady Hoare shuttle done in the Dymondwood style. Personally, I don't care for the flat shuttles, but I have a few in my collection.

Oh yes.....we have a leaf challenge going on. Looking for new leaf designs. I have one in mind and Gail mentioned she is working on an oak leaf. I'd love to see a holly leaf that is filled in - not just the outline.

I'm off to tat my little hearts and finish up some laundry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.