Monday, March 28, 2005

Shellpiece



This isn't exactly what we learned Saturday morning, but basically it is. We used a glass glob but I couldn't find it right away when I decided to try this again, so I used a shell that Witt gave me when I went to South Carolina last year. I was able to encase the edge very nicely but when I tried to use the spokes that Kaye had designed for the snowflake edging on the round glass, there were too many picots and they started to ruffle and look icky. So I cut them off and improvised a scalloped edging instead, which worked out very well, considering. In fact, it's giving me ideas for a bigger shell work of art! I have 2 other shells Witt gave me, one larger and one smaller. Kaye took a class from Karey Solomon for this technique.

This is another busy week at work. I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever end. The weather was gorgeous for a change. We've had a cold wet spring so todays sunshine, breeze, and warmer temps was greatly welcomed. I hoped to be home in time to do some yard work, but it was almost dusk before I got here. And here it is, almost 9:00 p.m.! I really need to work on a few projects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.