Friday, May 13, 2005

The only tatting I'm doing is my 2nd project for Palmettos and I haven't had time to do much of that. Tonight I plan to tat the majority of the evening. It's cold and rainy out so I won't be doing anything outside or up at the school walking.

hmmm....I did pull a bunch of winter things out of my closet this morning with the idea that I'd put them in storage tonight. So ...I might not tat ALL evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well....I've slept since then. LOL! I did tat - waited until today to put the winter things away and I still have bunches in my drawers to get out. I really made progress on the cord between last night and today. I should finish up tomorrow night and then start on my samples which will be much shorter. I found a couple of things to enter into the competition -well, one is for the competition, the other is a vintage piece for showing. I have lots of motifs but the requirement is for a pair and I haven't done 2 of anything - not the same way. I do have a fan I didn't enter last year, but while it's pretty to look at, the tatting is not very good. It was my first attempt with rayon floss AND it was a new pattern, in Spanish. Took me awhile to figure it out.




I picked up my shuttle display case yesterday. It's very nice now, with heavy polished glass and a lock. It's full and I don't even have all my shuttles in there. It holds 50. I've doubled up in some of the spaces so there are 60 in there. I just counted another 46 that are NOT in there and that doesn't include any of my colored Clover shuttles which are my utility shuttles. Seems like I had 40 or 50 of them at one time, but I sure don't know where they are now! I can only account for about 20 off hand. I tend to give those away too though. I had a bunch emptied for Hector, but there are only about 6 or 7 that are empty now. This cord I'm teaching sure ties up the shuttles, because this one uses 4 shuttles and I have another one that I've been working on since Christmas, but I think I'm almost out of thread on that one. Wish I could come up with something real fast to use it like a Battenburg tape, like Georgia & I had talked about once, but I don't think I'll have time to pursue it right now. I'll be glad to have the cord done....after 36" of it, I'm pretty bored. I need another 6" or so to fit comfortably around the neck. I'm using a smaller thread than I did with the original so it's taking a little longer to get the same length.

Tomorrow I'm going on an organized walking meditation. The forecast says rain, but I hope it waits until I'm done.
Rain Cloud

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.