Thursday, June 30, 2005

I worked a bit on the Dusenbury heart at lunch time....and remembered what threw me ....it was that 3rd shuttle that suddenly got thrown in there. LOL! Well, I've just figured a way around it. I'll have ends to hide. It's not my best effort by any means. I used 2 different threads, a solid pink for the center and the "handles" and then a variegated for the rest. The pinks don't really look well together. I didn't get very far on it. I'm going to work on another rosette for the hatband tonight. I need to get all the rosettes done first and then I think I can continously work the green outer part.

I made out the check for the Artisan phase of the T.A.T. program tonight - will mail it in the morning. Making out my bills made me realize how expensive my travel has been....or rather my tatting splurges. My son moves into his house tomorrow so it's time to start sorting and ebaying my unwanted stuff now. Lots of craft magazines I had set aside at one time to sell. My granddaughter wants to learn to knit so I should check for some easy stuff for her first.

I got a new "phish" from ebay....not really ebay but it sure looks like it. Said my bid on something had been canceled and to click on the link to see why - of course it comes up as the sign in page but it's not really. I had some bids recently but I was outbid before they finished so there was no reason to cancel it. When I went to the real ebay site and put in the auction number, which was a valid auction, it was something I wouldn't bid on in a hundred years! LOL! Anyway, I sent it to the spoof ebay site. They just get trickier and trickier.

I bought a new printer tonight. It was only $7 more than the ink cartridge I was going to have to buy.

I'm painting on another shuttle. This one is based in copper. I got out my copper metallic embroidery floss and my copper beads and I'm trying to figure out how to tat something tiny enough to fit on there and look good too. We'll see how long it takes for inspiration to strike.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.