Friday, July 08, 2005

Temporary Fix

I got tired of the mumbo-jumbo and switched to a new template today...and it's minus some of the stuff from the last one because I have to put it all in again and figure out where to put it. It took me awhile just to get the colors in.

Then I get an email from Blogger saying if it isn't already fixed, that it will be soon. So I'm going to wait a few days and then test the old one again and see if it really is fixed.

In the meantime, I've been looking at blogskins. I found one I adore, but it's the wrong color. It has music. A butterfly floats over to the side and occasionally flaps its wings. But I would like to make the swirl on the side with the goddess logo sliding down it or around it and I would have to change the color scheme....wish I had the computer mojo to figure it out.

Computing

It occurred to me today to enter some of my T.A.T. projects into the county fair - the deadline is next week. I can put 2 items in tatting and 2 in "other" and sometimes I can enter into the Christmas and jewelry categories, but I won't this year. I may enter some of my painted shuttles into the "collections" category. Hmmmm...well, I don't see a category for that kind of collection, except in "Tools - 1 tool, 25 years or older". Okay, I could enter into the fine arts division. The last shuttle I'm doing is in acrylic so far so I could put it in beginning painting or in decorative art, which is "art work on something other than canvas or clothing." I'm not excited about putting a boye shuttle in the "tool" category.

I'm not much further on the hat band. One more rosette and one in progress. I only made 3 listings on ebay for my craft magazines. I hope to enter several more this weekend. If they don't sell, they go into a garage sale and if they don't sell there, to the library freebie table. I refuse to throw them away.

oh...just had an idea.

A-ha!

I have several macrame leaflets and booklets that I've listed before and NO ONE ever bids on them. I think I'll look at them with an eye towards converting to tatting. Maybe something will work out.

I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm glad I've heard from several in the London area and that they are okay and families are okay. There are a few more I haven't heard about yet.

Maybe I'll get some tatting done tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.