Thursday, January 26, 2006

My Ring of Tatters pin arrived yesterday! I can't wait to get the book. No word on when to expect it though. I'm glad I am in the position this year to support Ring of Tatters. Their competition this year is a tatted hanky edging and corner motif. I'm not sure I will have time to pursue that before the April 30 deadline, but you never know!



Earlier this week I made a stop in at Trinity Mission and found this wooden necklace for fifty cents. I was intrigued wih the way the beads were drilled for stringing and I also like the shapes and wondered what I could do with them? I would like to wear it in the summer once or twice before I take it apart however.



This evening we met at my sister's house with her, my daughter and my granddaughter. We're starting our Thursday night gathering again. Tonight I worked on my brooch a la Sue Hanson method. I think. It looked like the easiest one to tackle. I'm sort of winging it as I go and I'm not sure if I like it yet or not.

We decided to take turns picking projects. Usually we just bring whatever we are working on but my sister and I agreed we have way too much "stuff" and in order to justify buying more "stuff", we need to use up some of the "stuff" we already have. Next week I'm going to show them how to needle tat. I think they can all handle it. Then I'll feel better about having some tatting supplies I rarely use - like 3 tatting needles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.