Friday, May 12, 2006

Yay! Heidi got her tin from me. I forgot to take a picture of the tin, but here's one I found online - it's the only lunchbox tin listed for Hershey's though I thought it was a little different. It's one I've had for awhile so it's "vintage". LOL! Actually, while I was going through storage cubes in the basement looking for something else, I kept finding tin after tin that I'd forgotten about. I think I even have one that would match the shuttle I painted for her which is a little further on here.

I had this flower done for her pretty early. I had looked through all,well - not ALL, but many of my tatting books looking for something floral to tat. I had 3 or 4 books pulled with potential motifs when I remembered Pat Stevens' Fantasy Flowers. I had so much fun tatting those while in Montana but never got around to actually finishing one so this was my chance! I checked her preferences in the list files and found she liked jewel-tone colors. I thought I picked two good tones, but after I was done, I found some that seemed clearer....but time was out. The "trailers", as Pat called the long center beaded pieces, are such an easy way to use up shuttle ends with beads. I purposely used the thread that the flower petals would be tatted in along with beads for the whole thing. Pat said you can't make a mistake with these flowers and I think that's true. Once I assembled it together, I didn't know whether to make it a long stemed flower for a vase or into a piece of jewelry. I thought it would be too lonesome as a single flower, so brooch it became!

It's been awhile since I painted a shuttle and this was almost an afterthought, delaying my mailing by one day since I wanted an extra coat of varnish on it. Can't guarantee it for tatting, but it's so much fun to paint and then to look at.

I'm anxiously waiting to see what everyone else got!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.