Sunday, August 20, 2006

I had to start moderating new members on my list several months ago. Spammers manage to jump in when you least expect it. The other morning I woke up to a notice that a new member had joined and posted and I had to approve the post. The new member was bikerboy6390 and he was looking for a ride partner - and inviting us to check out his bike. ROTFL! I resisted the temptation but this one sure gave me a laugh.

OH! Just found this wonderful blog while following a link from someone else! ART TEA LIFE . I didn't see tatting but there is chocolate, tea, lace, literature, art, embroidery....need I say more? Exceptionally well written too, btw.

Yay! I finished the retat of my T.A.T. picot project! Now I can get on with the fun stuff!


Here's my first version of Jane's celtic motif. I was patting myself on the back, feeling I had done well with the color joins and even did front side tatting when I didn't have to....but the thread size required was size 20. The orange was Coates size 20 and the other two were Altin Basak size 50 which tats up between 20 and 30. When I got to looking at the motif, I decided the 20 really did look larger than the Altin Basak...so then on to attempt #2!





I didn't have as much color choice in size 20. I have a lot of variegated, which isn't permitted for these projects, or white or ecru or dark colors. So pastel it became! It went a little faster since I'd already done it once. Here is Jane's Celtic Motif. You get lots of practice with SCMR - self closing mock rings.




Here's the motif I made last weekend and lost. It's the first motif in Wally's Tat Along You can also access the same material en Español aquí. I found it on the living room carpet - it must have traveled on a paper or something that I carried in there.

Well! Moving along on T.A.T......my next project is a mignonette shuttle bag which I actually tatted while I was in Australia last October. I had a problem with the trim and got that information straightened out with my mentor - but I've only taken the trim off - haven't put it back on yet! I made another shuttle bag even before I tackled that one and I can't say I'm enthused about making another yet. I'll probably wait until the weekend to focus on it. Seems I have to do everything twice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.