Monday, January 07, 2008

I've been tagged by Dianne for the You Make My Day Award.

Thank you Dianne!

The rules are to "Give up to 10 people whose blog brings you happiness & inspiration and makes you feel happy about Blogland." Beware! You may get the award several times! Let them know by posting a note on their blog so they can pass it on. Here are some blogs that Make My Day:

I've chosen these blogs for their scope of variety, entertainment value, inspiration, and the fact that they post on a regular or close to regular basis. I enjoy them. I think they are good. They are not all tatting...the instructions say "blogs that make my day." I've had to cut the list back, believe it or not, to about half. If I really listed all the blogs that I truly enjoy....it would take days to get it all down. LOL!

Vintage Stitch-O-Rama by Severina
Her wicked humor entertains me and she loves vintage patterns like I do!

Iris Cabin by Iris
I found the crazy quilting site by following a google image search for tatting. I love her work. And her links. Some people have the neatest links and I could spend all day there.

Jane Eborall's site Entertaining and packed with patterns and tidbits. It's hard to keep up with Jane.

The Buhlawg by Erin. Her zany style and wide range of interests appeals to me even if she goes for long periods without saying anything. I know that when she does post, it will have some exciting adventure within it.

Tats A Kool Challenge by Pam. Once you meet someone in person, you want to keep up with them and what they are doing...a blog is one way to do it.

The Feathered Nest by Dawn. A recent discovery...which I'm still immersing myself in.

Turkey Feathers, Another one focused on quilting and what-not. Love following the links on this one too.

Celtic Dream Weave by Sherry. The artwork always intrigues me on this one and I know Sherry had lots of help setting this up, but her tatting is unique too.

Be Alive, Believe You Be by Melba. I love the way she has taken creativity further out of the box...opened it up to all creative bloggers and encouraged them in the process.

Lady ShuttleMaker by another Sherry. Sherry should definitely be in the group mentioned just before...she continually expands and creates and stretches herself. Her journey is well worth watching.

I still had to delete 3 after all that. Pshew! Don't want to do that again! And I didn't even get to the knitting or crocheting blogs. You know....that's why those links are over at the side. I go there on a regular basis.

Here's the butterfly I crocheted from the 1950 Workbasket. You can see the join I made incorrectly, big as you please, but I didn't see it til I blocked it. I don't like it well enough to do again.

Last night I started the Lucky Clover doily in the Blomqvist and Persson book. I was using size 20 thread when size 30 was called for. Then I made a mistake in the chain which I didn't find until I finished the 2nd clover and began the next chain. This is how UFO's come into being. This will be way too big for what I had intended it for. It will use all of my thread I think and in fact, if I run out, I'll have to go all the way to Australia for another ball of that particualr thread. Bummer! I also do not want to retro tat that big honkin' clover nor do I want to cut it out and hide all those squirrelly ends. If I go to a smaller thread, then I have this full shuttle of this color. I know I'm making this all too difficult. Just cut the damned thing and be done with it!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gina! Thank you so much for such a sweet award!! How amazing it is, all the nice people I get to meet in this place we call Blogland....I'm very honored and pleased to accept this from you and please come back to see me!! xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an honor to make your list! Thank you SOOO much! You made MY day!
    Your blog is one of my very favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this butterfly! Sorry about the edging difficulty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award Gina and your kind words about my tatting! Your work inspired me to learn tatting in the first place.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.