Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's getting closer...149,814 visitors as of this writing. If you think you might be the one, check down at the very bottom of the blog where it says "visitors" and check the number. If it's only a number or two away, contact me! I may miss who it is! LOL!


Jon contacted me and said she got her package! It made it to Malaysia before I thought it would. I'm only showing the tatted stuff. There's been such a dearth of tatting here that I'm using every opportunity I have! I love making these little bags. Each one is different and has its own personality. It's a good thing I don't keep them...I'd be naming them, feeding them with things to hold for me, tucking them into bed everynight with wishes for sweet dreams. I had a hard time matching the gold but in the end, I actually did have a thread that worked! Not that it looks like it from the scanner but it did match the tiny outlined stars in the fabric. The bigger ones I couldn't match. I looked all over for a bead or button to match too. After tons of searching and taking apart an old necklace, I found this single gold button in a bag of buttons that I could have sworn I'd searched through. It never fails, just as you give up, it shows up.


This is a bookmark made from one of the snowflake patterns in Tatting by Myra Piper. The thread is some vintage size 70 from somewhere.....I don't have it with me!

I love that the online class now has easy access but I hate the group site. I do NOT use gmail. I have to have it for my blog login but I do not use the email. I've missed every single online class because I don't read that email. I've tried to go in and change my email address on the group site. I'm allowed to add an alternate address on my profile but it will not allow me to use it for mail. I can't tell you how much I hate gmail. I know there are people who love it but I don't. Period. I have 3 other usable emails - why would I want to use one I hate? Especially when I feel forced into it. LOL!

I've been tatting a motif by Judi Banashek in her book, Advanced Tatting Patterns. I can't remember the name of it now...something like ardenelle...it's a single motif that she goes through expanding from a single to be used in an edging or bookmark to a double piece used as an earring to a 4 point motif to a 5 point motif...and so on. It's about design but I just like the motif. Looks like the Taj Mahal. I'll get it scanned later. I forgot to take it home with me the last time I was there.

No..nothing new on the reindeer other than I sat and stared at it for quite some time the other night. I have a different idea in mind now. And that's okay, really - I'll still try to come up with something to make this one complete too. I just don't think it's going to be before Christmas. Realistically....nope. Sometimes I come up with an AHA! but so far, that has not happened.

Well...back to work. Hope everyone has a FABULOUS Thanksgiving (if you're in the States) and if not, then have a FABULOUS week and weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I love your little bag... I'd be tempted to name them and feed them too! The bookmark is beautiful! I'm #149,828.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is so cute. The tatting with the gold button was the perfect embellishment. The tatting would look pretty on a cq block.

    Love the bookmark too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is nice with the gold tatted embellishment. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I might not be the magic number to win your prize but I sure have enjoyed looking at it. It is beautiful...Your blog is lovely too. I have just recently picked up tatting again and I am enjoying getting back into it. I have joined a small group of ladies and we meet each week. It is really fun and relaxing. It is so nice to come together and learn such a beautiful craft. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us....Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:52 AM

    Hello, I'm French, and I go on your website since 3years, I think that it's really interesting, and I like your realizations.
    I make tatting since about 5 years.
    It's sad that in France there isn't many choices for the models.
    The first book which appears in France was only in 2005 !!

    I'm the 149,972. I'm near from the 150,000
    All the best.
    I will go soon on your website.
    Excuse-me for my English which isn't perfect :)
    It's my daughter which wrote.
    Elisabeth.

    Our adress is: garnierdali@free.fr

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little bag you made is so cute! I like the little motif on the front. What is the thread you used? I also like the snowflake bookmark. I have been looking for an easy book of snowflakes, I'll have to check this one out too. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little bag, is it your own design? The shoulder strap looks interesting is that also tatted? By the way I'm visitor 150,001 but then I'm always late for everything.

    I love looking at all the work people do.

    Janeb

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.