Friday, August 21, 2009

I saw this on Steph's Blog and wanted to see what it said about me!

Your rainbow is strongly shaded violet and white.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

What is says about you: You are a contemplative person. You appreciate beauty and craftsmanship. People depend on you to make them feel secure. You are patient and will keep trying to understand something until you've mastered it.

Find the colors of your rainbow at spacefem.com.


It seems like it has taken me forever to tat this and it's only the first half! This is the next project in Sharon's book, a little tatting bag. It's not blocked either since I still have to tat and attach the other half. My first three attempts were horribly frustrating. I think I just had too much on my mind and it was late and I was tired. I could not seem to remember where I was in the pattern and never got to the 3rd motif without seeing that I forgot to join somewhere or joined in the wrong place. So I gave it up that night and began again the next night - which I guess was only last night but it seems eons ago! I am using a different thread, Regina size 16, which I ordered online several years ago for the simple fact that it carries my given name. LOL! This size 16 is between size 10 and size 20, not like the size 16 in Finca perle cotton. This thread is actually a little soft and prone to fuzziness but it's a pretty color.

Sharon indicates to do it in two colors but I stuck with one. It has enough split rings and split chains to drive me crazy already without having to figure out how to keep the center of each motif one color. I know I could do the SSSR but I didn't want to.

I've been off the past two days - catching up on cleaning at home and hopefully the basement will be done this weekend. My son will be doing the bulk of the work this time but I do want to help him.

It cooled off considerably today and has been beautiful. I hope it stays this way for awhile.

I took some books and movies back to the library today but I still have some I'm looking at. I went through a few tonight that I will return tomorrow. I was doing some bead research but every time I get in a library, I bring home way more books than I can ever actually read. I have two that I think I will renew - actually four now that I think about it.

In cleaning off my table today and finding a few folders with printouts, I remembered more projects I want to try.

OH FOR THE LUV OF PETE ~ WILL I EVER STOP BEING INSPIRED?????

I hope not.

2 comments:

  1. The rainbow thing is making the rounds! That half a basket is cute! Gosh, I just love tatting, can you tell? LOL!

    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll never stop being inspired! Your informative posts keep me learning more and more!

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.