Monday, September 21, 2009


I'm working on a segment of my class for Fringe Element Tatters and I'm using this lovely Lizbeth thread but look at what is happening! This is the shuttle thread which I repeatedly wind and unwind to add beads. The thread is untwisting! It's not frayed and fuzzy yet and I'll be past this point before it does but it is still a problem. The threads tend to separate when I make a join so I have to be very careful to have them all lined up evenly.

I can't say I've actually tatted this many beads this way with any 6 cord thread so I can't say this is abnormal. I'll give it a try later when I'm not so pressed for time.


I've finished the second row on the bag. Only 7 or so more to go! And then the flap.

Sigh....this is taking me a very long time mostly because I am interupted with other projects. I'm using smaller beads than what Sharon listed but I really didn't want as much of a bead impact on this one. You can barely see them but they are silver and this will go with the dress I wore to my son's wedding which was a soft blue with some silver and rhinestone trim.

Well...back to the grindstone.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gracious! I have never had (knock on wood) Lizbeth unravel and am quite surprised to see your fraying strands. Do keep us posted as you progress.

    Your beaded bag is coming along swimmingly, even if it is slow-going. The tortoise approach usually ends in superior results, so pat yourself on the back for taking this approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame about the thread. I haven't really tried the Lizbeth yet. Still got the shuttle full that you gave me to find!!! Not started unpacking the tatting stuff - yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina,
    I Haven't had any problem with my Lizbeth thread. Hmmm kinda wierd. I hope it doesn't continue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gina, I just posted on InTatters about the new Lisbeth thread, with which I have experienced some difficulties.

    It seems to get irregular in size after the middle of the ball, twists and splits. I have encountered a knot or two as well. I use the #20, and maybe the #40 is different. I am a bit disappointed, but only after the first half of the ball!
    Fox :(
    P.S. That piece looks intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.