Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back in the Blog Business!

Yahoo! The drivers for my mouse were corrupted. My wonderful son-in-law was able to maneuver around with shortcut keys and reinstall them. I used to have a fancy pointer but it's gone now. I stopped admiring it a long time ago so I'm not even missing it.

Unfortunately, I have nothing else to post about except for the exceptionally STILL HOT temps! It just slipped under 90 degrees and it's creeping up to 10:00 p.m.

I did buy my first pot of mums this evening. No pic yet. It's loaded with buds but only a few are starting to open. I may stop and get another pot tomorrow and plant them both on Friday.

Hopefully there will be some tatting to show soon. I confess...I spent this non-computer time reading. Real books. The Best Kind of Different

One of my grandsons was diagnosed with Asperger's last year so I wanted to read up on it. I had originally gone to the library to look for a book a friend recommended about a man who was not diagnosed until he was 40. It's a pattern of behavior that is often mistaken for lack of discipline, amongst other things. If you have the chance to research Asperger's, it might give you a different perspective of the parents you see in public struggling with an unruly child.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad it was something so simple! Now I'm off to read before bedtime... King Solomon's Mines... an oldie but goody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...fancy cursor...you can try going to your control panel and selecting mouse and going to pointers and select the one that you want.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHOOF! You must be so relived to have needed just a simple fix!

    I know just a tiny bit about Asperger's but have spent time reading other books on other topics like right brain learners and ADHD which have helped me allot. It's great to be able to read about what challenges children and their families face. I shudder to think what kids used to go through before there was an understanding of conditions like Asperger's.

    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently met a lady who has asked me to teach her to tat. She has a l7 yr. old daughter with Asperger's and this is the first time I'd heard of it. I want to learn more about it. Sounds like it can be made more difficult for the family or easier - depending on other peoples attitudes and understanding. I look forward to our times together. We'll both be learning and I may be learning the most! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asperger is a form of autism. My son has autism and it is hard to explain to people when he goes into full melt down mode when something scares him or there is a break in routine. So I completely understand about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad it was an easy fix - you weren't gone long but welcome back anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I love the new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.