Monday, October 04, 2010

Did you think I was recovering from all that Saturday night partying? LOL! Nah....only a little. I was catching up on laundry, dishes, and some cleaning. Then I tatted!

This is the Simple Heart from Vicki Clarke's blog. It really is simple and fast. I made both of them last night, including the tassle. The colored one was to empty a shuttle and the ecru one goes in the dye bag. I even tatted another little teapot but haven't tatted the tail yet. It will also go in the dye bag as it is ecru.

I think I'm developing a minor addiction. Every pattern I look at to tat, I wonder, "how will this look with dye painted on it?" Good thing I got a whole bunch of ecru thread, huh? I almost bought a ball of white Cebelia at Michael's the other night but I put it back and decided to hold out for a coupon. I want to compare the Cebelia (a 3 cord thread) and DMC Cordonette (6 cord) and Lizbeth which is also a 6 cord. I've already done the DMC cordonette ( or is it Cordonnet?) and Lizbeth both in white in the same pattern and same size thread. One motif turned out smaller than the other but it's not unusual for different brands to vary a bit when tatted up.

I am significantly tired tonight. Stayed up til midnight last night (bad me) and then got up on time. Mostly on time. It's like the latest I can get up and get to work. Then my son jumped in the shower ahead of me because I usually am done by then, so I was late anyway. Not a problem, but I really try not to do that too much. That means an early night for me, but I have to stay up late enough to make sure the son brings in the potted plants outside since we have a frost advisory. I've got my two kitties in too...while my son's are banned in the basement. I'll have to let them up before too long and I'm sure my kitties will want out then. Such is life with cats.

9 comments:

  1. I really love the shape here. My mom has some Chinese bells with the top piece that you hold that looks just like these hearts. Now I must find the pattern! Ah, addictions! Where would we be without them?
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty. Is that node stitch on the tail before the tassel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the heart upside down like that looks like a crown. Yes, that's the node stitch before the tassle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi & thanks for your comment about Tatting / lace making ... all a mystery to me !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your variations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these bookmarks! The shape really caught my eye. I guess I'm heading over there for the pattern, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bookmarks they are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that design! It's pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.