Thursday, April 28, 2011

I suppose I should just give up and put it in a book. Is there really any good way to display these kinds of bookmarks online? It did turn out very pretty. The thread is Lizbeth size 20 and I think the color is Carribbean.

It looks better against a solid background but for some reason, the only plain background I could come up with was a dirty lime green. It just wasn't very appealing even though it showed the bookmark off nicely. I keep thinking this could be some kind of necklace but I'd want a bead or cabochon in the center of the butterfly. Maybe next time!

So..this evening I couldn't make up my mind what to do next but then I remembered I had already started something a few weeks ago to empty shuttles and didn't get far before I was sidetracked. I wasn't actually going to make the whole thing, just a bit, a segment, but there was still LOTS of thread on the shuttles so I decided to continue. Can you guess what pattern it is? I'm not telling. You'll have to wait and see how it looks when it is done and then I'll tell. If you tatted it before, you might recognize it. I will say the instructions say there are rings on rings but it doesn't tell you how to achieve that. (psst...it's a SCMR - self closing mock ring) I got further than this tonight but you might guess too easily if I show you now.

And I'm off to bed!

3 comments:

  1. I'm stumped! Looks familiar but haven't a clue!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice bookmark, Gina, and what a lovely result with your silk tie eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Do you have a clothsline? You could hang a white sheet on it and then place your bookmark up against that to take a full size photo? Have a great weekend. blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.