Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Nora

This is Nora from Tatted Butterflies by Adelheid Dangela. It's tatted in Tatskool's Berry Burst, size 40, and Venus Black, size 40. I'm disappointed in how puny it looks in the scan as the colors are really very vibrant. The camera shot was even more washed out.

I kept making mistakes in the stitch count of the rings and just made them consistent all around. Then I realized I was off on the outer chains by a stitch or two also. It might have been more noticable with a bigger thread but it wasn't really a problem with the size 40.

Enough of this diversion! I'm back to the challenge now. It's been so busy between work and home lately that I haven't had a lot of spare time. I hope it slows down soon.

8 comments:

  1. Your Nora butterfly is beautiful. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is! The colours are lovely as well.

    Patterns with either Josephine Knots or small rings on the exterior chain really appeal to me. I wonder how that preference can be explained in design-sense terms? There is a rare pattern that contains these elements that I do not really enjoy.
    Fox : )

    p.s. I do hope you can free up some more tatting time! : ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Those colors are perfect. I don't think I've ever done anything with two colors. Maybe it's about time. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! Beautiful butterfly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! The colors are very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the depth of the colours and the design itself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your butterfly, and the colour is gorgeous.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely Nora butterfly, Gina. It looks great to me, and the colours? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.