Tuesday, August 30, 2011

P.S. I meant to add that the colors in this are so rich and so vibrant in person. You can't see it at all on the monitor screen.

Another flutter! I realized I have enough of an assortment of the HDT to tat one for each season. This is Knitty Gritty with Warm Dark Chocolate. This one will represent Autumn. The one made with Rhubarb Pie will be Spring, Summertime Trail will be Summer and Snowflake will be Winter.

I found a way to contact the butterfly's designer but it may take awhile for a response since I'm not certain the email is up-to-date. It didn't get returned so that is a good sign.

I've been wanting to crochet this apple cozy for ages. I didn't have any red yarn in the right weight so I used some cotton yarn. I've been wondering if it will fit most apples or not. I didn't have an apple so I used a ball of thread. A large ball wouldn't fit. This is a medium ball...Cebelia probably. It was quick and easy. I thought they would be a cute whimiscal gift at the holidays so we'll see if I pursue it or not.

We had a family reunion on my mom's side on Sunday. It was nice to see many of the aunts and uncles again plus a whole segment of folks I didn't even know but hopefully I'll have a clue at least to whom they belong to the next time I see them. I especially loved looking through an album my uncle had made up of scans of OLD photos. My grandmother as a baby and as a young girl. Photos of my mom as a baby and toddler. Great Uncle John was there, but in a motorized cart, the first time I've seen him in one. He's 92 years young. He drove himself there with his cart attached to the back of the car.

16 comments:

  1. Your chocolate butterfly looks great, Gina and the apple cozy doubles up as a thread cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterfly is beautiful!

    The apple cozy is adorable. I'd like it for thread, just to keep things organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree its a beautiful pattern and your thread choices are so lovely. I hope you'll display all four of them together once you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your butterfly is very nice and the color wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh....the Autumnal Tat......my favorite tat....! ;)

    Love viewing your work.....

    Have a creative day!
    ~Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors in the butterfly! I agree with Michelle, I'd use the cozy as a thread ball keeper. It would be fabulous if you could put a center-pull ball of thread in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:34 PM

    BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY. THE COLORS ARE WONDERFUL.
    Elizabeth
    Can't get my google to work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love knitty gritty, and it looks superb in your butterfly. The apple cozy should keep thread ends from escaping and tangling with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your butterfly and the gorgeous colours you have used.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your butterfly is Flutterriffic, LOL!!
    I love the shape and design of this butterfly and the colors you used look great. I haven't mailed the package I mentioned to you yet, I'll get it in the mail this weekend. Happy Tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your apple / thread cozy, anyone who has a cat like me knows this could be a very valuable tool!!! no more unraveled threads to travel along looking for the lost ball somewhere on the end of like it is a string to a treasure on a lost island of your house that the cat has strategically hidden, just for your afternoon pleasure,and the treasure/ hours of knot untying and ball rewinding! did I mention, I LOVE your apple / thread cozy?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gina,

    I've been meaning to pop in for a visit. Your butterfly is so awesome and I just love those apple huggies. I think the thread looks great in it. I wanted to let you know that I started a new blog to concentrate on my crochet and sewing. I'd love to have you come over for a visit and maybe follow along.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh! Super exquisite butterfly!
    The thread cozy is cute, too. I wonder how the thread would unwind. It would be neat if it actually helped keep the thread from tangling or something.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful butterfly! Is the pattern available somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those colors are an amazing choice for that butterfly. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.