Tuesday, October 24, 2006



I was surfing one of my crochet lists today, Antique Threadwork, when I saw a link to the Ferosah Crochet Design Studio. The online book shown on the left is crochet tatted lace. Ferosah also has online pdf files showing you how to do crochet tatting and a motif is included. She also had a free filet crochet fairy chart which I adore and hope to do one of these days soon. I thought the doily on the cover looked especially nice - a combination look of Irish crochet and tatting. Come payday next week, I just might get it!









I love this beaded button....unfortunately, I can't find the website I got it from but it's by Amy Clarke, one of the authors of Beaded Embellishment by Amy C. Clarke and Robin Atkins. It was a tutorial for this specific button! It's not about the embroidery stitches, which are in the book, but it's about preparing and finishing off the button.



And here is the drawstring bag I've started. Quite YELLOW, isn't it? The pattern is in Old-Time Crochet, Autumn 1992, page 30 by Rebecca Hollenbaugh. There is also a tatted yoke. I like the motif for the yoke but probably won't do the yoke itself. I'm on my 2nd set of fully loaded shuttles and haven't even finished the front side. I'm using size 20 Manuela. The pattern called for size 10 crochet cotton, but the finished size is approximately 7" x 7" and I wanted it a bit smaller. Doesn't look like it will be any smaller though. I haven't decided what color of fabric to line it with yet. Or what I will do with it when it is done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.