Tuesday, May 13, 2003

I'm almost done with another amulet bag. About 6 inches left on the handle/necklace part. I used a blending filament with a gutterman top stitch thread. In the early days of my tatting, I bought quite a bit of the top-stitch gutterman thread since I could only find white, black, and ecru in the size 12 tatting thread. There wasn't much around here specificaly for tatting. I ordered a few colors of cebelia, then Hobby Lobby started carrying it and I stocked up there. Then I found more sources and got better threads here and there and everywhere. The gutterman doesn't slide as nicely as the other threads so I don't use it as much. Certainly don't buy any more.

I'll be demonstrating at Fort Ouiatenon on Saturday, 1 - 4:00 p.m. Wearing Cathy's Feast clothes - I gotta make my own soon. The chemise will be easy. Skirt is too - just a drawstring waist. It's the fabric that is a challenge. Gotta be 17th century - like they had much in the way of prints!

It's late - took a nap, so I'm not sleepy, but I'll regret it if I don't at least try to sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.