Sunday, July 20, 2003



These are the crocheted pineapple designs I found yesterday. The border is damaged in places, but I found it interesting. The thread might be a size 70 or 80 tatting thread, but I noticed it felt synthetic, which made me wonder if it was a polyester blend sewing thread. They both look better after washing but may need another soak as I can see the stains in the scans. I've seen the pineapple border or edging, but not the mesh fill-in.

Notice the overlap on the doily - I don't know why it's done like that. The maker crocheted another complete motif and stitched it down on top of the other one. The border also has a line where the thread or stitches are doubled up. Maybe they really are vintage as we have cleaner ways of finishing today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.