Wednesday, December 31, 2003



The pale variegated motif is the first one from the printout I made yesterday. The thread is Valdani size 12, a very soft thread. The lavender one is the second motif from the printout - someone's website which I didn't note, unfortunately. The patterns looked like antique ones that she had copied - the page numbers were on it. The lavender thread is some vintage thread I won on ebay ages ago and have been afraid to use. Some is a pale green but it looks discolored. This one looked ok. It's a Cortecelli Mercerized Cordonnet size 70. I love the delicate airiness of both of these motifs. The celtic circle is from Rozella Linden's website. I made one earlier but didn't get it threaded quite right. This one is. I used beads on the picots to define the points a bit more.

I got my latest Anna issue today. It has some Hedebo embroidery in it which I've been wanting to try. I think this issue got out late. It has "last minute gifts" in it. Also got the sale catalog from Herrschner's today. I think I'm going to need another ball of white for my filet snowman and they didn't have the right size at Hobby Lobby, so this is just in time! It's on sale for $3.27. hmmmm..........last time I got it from there, it was $2.99 a ball. It's probably been 2 years though.

Size 5 perle cotton on a 2,100 yard cone? Don't see how I would ever use that much of that size!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.