Sunday, June 18, 2006

I was determined to get some tatting done this weekend and more pointedly, this eagle! It's for a friend and I bought the pattern specifically for that purpose! It turned out to be a challenge. I think I started Wednesday night. Had to email Carol and find out what I was missing. I discarded my first try and started again Thursday night. No time Friday night or all day Saturday so about 10:30 Saturday night, I tried to finish the wings....finally accomplished my goal after midnight! I did take a break in there. LOL! I made this version out of size 20 AIDA thread that I bought in Australia. It measures about 3" x 3" but the wing span is slightly over 3" because of the picots.

I spent the majority of the day at a workshop led by local artist Lorie Amick. I started a painting but never got past the misket. I did play with some techniques with color that Lorie showed me. Mostly I just admired the other artists' work.

After that I came home, showered and headed into town to volunteer at the Taste of Tippecanoe. It was incredibly hot. I didn't stay long after my stint was over - just long enough to eat and gab a bit.

Guess I should get to bed. There is mowing and garden work to be done when I get up..........though I heard thunder awhile ago!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gina,
    This is something different.Thank you for this post and also for the Gourd Artists Guild Tutorial.
    Good health and cheer to you and your family.
    Bhavani

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.