Thursday, July 06, 2006

I finished the bird last night. I considered entering it into the fair but I've already got enough tatting to enter. I emailed Leah and said it's ready so I'll probably pop it over there tomorrow if she isn't on vacation. There's quite a bit of cut & tie with this and I can't really figure out how to consolidate that. Part of it, a large part of it, is due to changing threads.


In the meantime, I've had this gold lamé thread on my computer desk for weeks now. I finally decided to start a macrame cord with it. It's been in the back of my mind to make an angel with it although I'm not sure what I'll use for filling. I do have some thread with a gold thread in it so that might work well. This gold is kind of crusty to work with.


The finished and fringed shawl on my new recliner! The sofa will come soon. It's a sage green although it looks grayish in the photo. I need to send in the money and registration for my fair entries....just gotta finalize in my head what I'm entering. BTW, the yarn in this shawl is some I bought on clearance at Hobby Lobby once. It makes me feel good to actually use up one of those "bargains" I'm such a sucker for!

Then back to tatting eagles and pigs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.