Sunday, July 09, 2006

I've been sorting beads. I got these wonderful containers from Walmart. There are a dozen individual containers with pop up lids so you can pour the beads out if you want, or pull off the top and empty it completely. You can see the colors clearly as well as the size. It's taken me a few weeks to remember where I got the container. It wasn't at the Walmart I normally go to although I think that is where I originally bought it. I got 2 more at the WL Walmart and I'm thinking I should go back and get 3 more so I will have one for each primary color group. I've already filled up these 3 and have enough to fill yet another one. A 10 gram tube fills the little container up with room to spare. The 18 gram tubes are a little too much. I really don't need any more beads. I need to use the ones I have!

Today is the bobbinlace workshop for my lace guild with Holly VanSciver. While Holly likes newbies, I didn't want to part with the money for this one and there were enough already committed. I did pop out to Cathy's during the lunch break to see how everyone was doing and see if there was anything I wanted to buy. I could have spent some money there, but decided not to. There were some pretty silk threads that were tempting though.

I went to my granddaughter Katie's game this evening. She got a couple of hits and runs but they still lost. After that, I dropped her off at her dad's football team's game. I'm not into football so I came on home!

I got these mother-of-pearl heart buttons on clearance at Walmart. I'm thinking I might have to paint some flowers on the bigger hearts. They would certainly make some beautiful jewelry.

I think I'm going to try to finish the hatband I started while developing the class I taught at Hector. The flowers are made. I just need to do the band part, but because there were 3 flowers and a bigger hat, I wanted to make the band bigger or wider. I've also been considering beads in the hatband but I haven't quite thought it out.

There was a multicolored crochet pineapple runner on the free pattern of the day at Annie's Attic. I've seen a few people have been trying to use up threads lately in multicolored projects and it occurred to me that this might be a good one for me...only a tatted pineapple. We'll see if I still like the idea later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.