Saturday, February 23, 2008

#21 - #25 of 25 Motif Challenge

And I'm done!!!!

The very last one is my favorite. I'll probably do that one again. #21 repeated one segment in the instructions...it was a repeat, then said to join and then repeated the line again. LOL! I had nearly filled my shuttles so #22 and #23 were from the same thread, Aida size 20 for the brown and DMC Cebelia size 20 for the gold. You can see where I used a split ring to climb out on #22. It was late at night and I kept thinking I really should go find the directions for a single shuttle split ring. I didn't know how I was going to get the ball thread up where I needed it - but I think now that I simply would have encapsulated it. It was a fiddly motif. The outer round does not join at all. You think the small rings join at first glance but they don't. #23 left out 4 ds at the first ring of the second clover. I corrected that ring but then made a mistake on the third ring which I corrected on the later clovers. #24 was fun to do in two colors but remembering my 2-color split ring in #22, I decided to cut & tie and hide my ends instead. And then the last one, #25 tatted up so nicely. No problems with the instructions and I really like how it looks.

This book also has 6 very simple edgings and 2 crosses. One of the crosses reminds me of one in Workbasket which I tatted for a very early exchange. Perhaps she designed that one also. There are also photographs and written instructions on how to tat at the beginning.

So what am I going to do with all these motifs? Halfway through, I got to thinking that I should have done them all in the same thread. I'll have to think about a way to preserve them now. I don't want to just stick them in an album somewhere.

Now I can get to an angel. Jane's angel postings have got me inspired. That vintage edging I did awhile back keeps saying "angel, angel" to me. We'll see if I can manifest the image that is in my head.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Someday I'll take up a challenge similar to yours, if not the same one. You are a wonderful inspiration! What's next?

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.