Sunday, March 02, 2008


I happened to see Frankfort Library offered a watercolor class with Rena Brouwer on Saturday afternoon so I went for it! This still needs work but it will have to wait. I had a great time though!

I'm off to a conference in Columbus, Ohio today through Tuesday. I went to one 2 days last week...so life has been hectic. Catch up, get ready to be gone, catch up...and so on. I did get a little tatting in but it was for my tat teachers' mystery motif so I can't show it yet. hmmm...guess I could show the ones from the past two months! Patterns later.



This is the January motif and February motif. Both are from Vintage Needlework magazines. The idea is for members to tat the motif from text only, no photographs or modern notation. It sharpens interpretation skills and is an exercise in modifying as you go. I'll post a modern version of the patterns when I return.

9 comments:

  1. Oooh! What fun! I especially like the square motif!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tulips! Great job!
    I paint too and have many oil painted tulips...I'll send you a pic!
    What a neat idea with tatting from text only. That would be a challenge for me since I am such a visual person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The watercolor is lovely. I would love to take a class like this. I also like the motifs. I'm sure it is challenging to work from vintage text. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those daffodils. I always wanted to paint in watercolor, do lots of quilts, tat, knitting, write novels and the list go on. Even with the extra hours there will be more on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One question. Why do you tat when you can paint like a dream? Lovely, lovely painting.
    JaneEb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so far only tat from text since that is what my mum collected years back. Now learning to read the diagram - same goes for knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of you here are so talented! I just love tatting and have some nice examples in my linen collection, but my eyesight and early stage arthritis in my hands don't allow me to have a go at it, so I stick with embroidery and cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely your work is! Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments. I had not idea there are so many people who tat. Now, I am even more delighted with my tatting box treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, they are both beauts but that second motif is a stunner. What a great job you did.

    (PS-I have a collection of old "Needlecrafts" and the tatting instructions are a BEAR to follow).

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.