Thursday, April 24, 2008



Someone asked me to clarify what "reverse work" means in tatting patterns. I was going to tat and scan and then remembered my digital camera is good for short videos so I tried that instead. I don't know how to edit what I shoot yet so bear with me on this.

Even though I haven't posted for about a week, I've been tatting...a little. I'm working on something for our secretaries at work. Almost done but I think it might have to wait until next week. It's a pattern by the late Betty Alderson from Snowgoose - a pattern she had published in a magazine. I've also been going to the pool at the gym and got to rake leaves the other night (resulting in one blister in spite of gloves) so life has been busy.

8 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with your video. You clearly demonstrated "reverse work". Man, you tat fast; either that or I am really slow. It's nice to see and hear some of you; it will probably be a while before I am able to attend any of the tatting conventions /events. Now I should update my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job on the video. That should explain reverse work to anyone who needed help. Jeff is right, you do tat fast! I need to pick it up a bit I guess. It is also very good to see and hear a bit of my good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina, Good job on the video, it got your point across nicely. I second what jeff said, Wow, you tat fast. My eyes couldn't keep up with your hands!

    I love seeing so many tatting videos. I think it is great!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both! I guess I do tat fast but I was also trying to use up as little time on the camera as possible since I haven't figured out the editing part yet. I tried pausing on earlier tries and got several short clips instead of a single clip.

    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fast tatting.....have any of you seen Mark Myers in action???? Now there's a BLUR. I thnk that's why he got that super-hero designation..tatting faster than a speeding bullet. LOL!
    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice video and you explain 'reverse work' very clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great video, Gina! You do tat fast... lightening speed compared to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are for sure lightening fast! OH and I also noticed you do the Crochet hand! Are you by any chance the same one featured on the Tatting Hands DVD? Way Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.