Sunday, March 19, 2006

I spent most of my weekend sewing hats for my class in Hector. I may not need them if people bring their own, but if they don't, I'll have some...red, white, black, and one yellow. Maybe not the yellow - I didn't like the way it turned out.

I made this bookmark for my mother-in-law from my 1st marriage. Her 83rd birthday is Tuesday. The pattern came out of Tatting Special, a House of White Birches publication and was designed by Florence Anthony. I didn't realize this was a collection of patterns by different designers. I should look at these books closer! It was actually a "delicate edging" that I doubled back on itself and turned into a bookmark. The thread is Altin Basak, size 50, color 3053.

I tried to download it earlier today but blogger's upload feature was not working. This evening I managed to get the bookmark loaded but not the filet insert I'm working on. I have the squirrel motif done. Maybe tomorrow.

Tomorrow night I've got 4 students. I didn't know until today that it would be tomorrow so I need to figure out what I'm going to prepare here shortly.

Memé Conzález C. has some lovely tatting on her MSN blog. I'll put her link to the side soon but not tonight. If you click on her "slide show" and then "full view" you'll see some eye candy.

Check out Jane Eborall's website for her latest pattern - an enchanting ballerina in two poses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.