Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Here's one motif I had in mind to surround the wheel motif. It's too small as it is and I will have to find a way to enlarge it if I am to use it. In the meantime, I've gotten so many ideas from others and now my brain is percolatin'...or it would be if I weren't so tired.

I had 4 days off in a row and I'm naturally a night person so when I'm off long enough, I revert to night hours. It was 1:00 a.m. before I went to sleep and I had to get up at 6:00 a.m.. Then....a vehicle was not readily available for me today so I walked everywhere I went and 2 of my appointments were way way across campus. And then I walked for our fitness program after work AND...it's hot! So I'm kind of dragging. Not a good time to puzzle the motif thing out.

Bina and Jules both had great diagrams for potential surrounds and Sharon Briggs arranged the motifs in a staggered fashion that I really like. I thought about making 2 bookmarks,which is useful.....but these are heirloom things and since the ends were cut instead of buried, I'm afraid they would not hold up to long use. Lila (motif owner) and I talked about a flat mat or doily or something she could frame. She didn't think she was likely to frame it so mat/doily it becomes.

Tomorrow night I'm getting a hardanger lesson from Sally, a fellow lacer, so I need to dig up the last few supplies I need. My cleaning frenzy yesterday reminded me that I need to get back to T.A.T. again. And there is that quilt I need to finish piecing.

okay - a quick google on "quotes about never getting it done" led me to this from LifeHacker Blog:

Select one of your goals or intentions, especially one where your progress has been disappointing. Now ask yourself if a person with different character attributes would be more capable of achieving this goal than you are. What kind of person would find your goal easy to achieve?

ummmm....someone who doesn't have a life? ROTFL! Well, actually, I'm getting closer....just cleaning my craft room, the little bit that I did, has made it more inviting to sit down and sew. I think I should just pick a day of the week, one evening, and designate that as my "sew Jason's quilt" time. I think it took me an hour to piece one block. I could do 1 or 2 each time I set aside and by summer's end, I'll have them all done. Gosh...doesn't seem like it should take an hour for one little 8" block. Hopefully my memory is faulty and it only takes 15 minutes. That would be SUPER!

The thing is...I start a real estate course June 12th, 2 nights a week, I want to get back to my watercolor classes on Monday nights, so how much time does that really leave me? Weekends? sigh.....magic genie, where are you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.