Friday, August 03, 2007

"I keep my end tables full of needlework so that I don't have to dust them."

-Author Unknown


Lazy Girl blog shows ways to use fabric yo-yos and has the tutorial for using Clover yo-yo templates. I never was too fond of fabric yo-yo's but I keep looking at them. LOL! Several weeks ago, I printed out a pattern for a heart fabric yo-yo. WHY? Trust me, I keep asking myself that...do I really think I'm going to make something? I think I'm trying to find a way to make myself like yo-yo's.

For one thing, I can't imagine making one without a button or something in the middle. Anyway, the Lazy Girl designs are part of the Clover website. They have some videos and a project library. The heart and flower yo-yo templates do look intriguing.

Georgia Seitz has been recruiting book reviews from tatters. You can see about joining her online class here. I have to admit I haven't been tempted to offer a review myself. I reviewed books occasionally for I.O.L.I. and never felt I could really give an honest opinion. I played up the good points and played down or ignored the bad points...which is what I was asked to do, but I don't think that's a true review of a book. At any rate, I don't feel comfortable doing them any more. The best review for me is to have it in hand and look it over. What appeals to me might not appeal to someone else. And it doesn't seem to matter how tactfully I give constructive (IMO) criticism, it seems to hurt someone's feelings. That certainly isn't my intention so I've given it up. LOL!


Oh my! I have a collection of hankies that I have always intended for a quilt. There is a butterfly hanky I've been considering but not all hankies will work with that design...but then...I found this one! It's so perfect! I can add tatting and shadow embroidery as well...I really do love this one!

If you want to see some really close up photos of how to do embroidery stitches,vist Primrose Design blog and take your pick from the stitches listed to the right.

I do find tatting in the most unexpected places! I wasn't even looking for aprons either although that is another one of my vintage passions.

sigh....fun day surfing....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.