Friday, March 28, 2008

The only tatting thing I've had time to work on this week is Jolande's package and I don't want to show any of that until she gets it. I got the idea for doing the drawing partly from a Pay-It-Forward post on another blog, like Sew Good Sew Far. I'm not real big on rituals and rules so I can't say I'm doing it the same way. Most pick someone who has posted a comment but I've got plenty of readers queued up for the drawings and don't need to do that but if you're interested in doing something similar, go to her blog for details.

I've been involved in another group activity, The Artist's Way Blog. I think I mentioned it before but maybe not. Julia Cameron, the author of The Artist's Way and Vein of Gold, has a 12 week course designed to help you overcome blocks to your creativity. I really don't have a problem with creativity but I do have a problem making time to follow through with my ideas. We're ending week 7 now and I find it helpful in many areas of my life. It's not in the course, but I made a Vision Board last weekend. You've probably seen this as a memo board or photo board. The idea is to post your dreams or goals on it so that it's in plain sight and a daily reminder of your direction. I've been searching for images to represent what I want to accomplish but it will take me awhile to get them organized.

I may not have mentioned it here but the coworker whose office is directly across from mine passed away unexpectedly last week. Her memorial service was today and most of my day was involved in that until mid-afternoon. Lately, it's just been kind of crazy at work. The pace tends to pick up as the semester moves towards a close. Students are suddenly knocking themselves out to get year-end projects done and it's also the time of year when potential incoming students are making visits.

I have a few things to finish up this weekend for Hector. It will be great to see old friends again as well as new ones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.