Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blog Anniversary Winner picked Tomorrow!

I'm really tired. It's been a busy weekend. I stayed at my daughter's house the last two nights while she and her husband were in Baltimore for a funeral. Between lace guild and trying to get ready for a family get together today and staying with the grandkids, there wasn't much time for anything else. Our get together was at a local park to celebrate family birthdays. Today is my middle son's birthday but none of the bookmarks was for him. LOL! Instead they were for two nieces and my brother-in-law.

They were from Tatting by Myra Piper, a book that I don't think is in print anymore, although I did buy it from Kaye Judt, of my Greenfield Tatting guild, at Hector this year. There are 47 "snowflakes" in the book. I would refer to them as motifs since they come in all sizes and shapes, not the standard 6 pointed shape of snowflakes. Copyright 1982.

Of course, besides bookmarks, you can join motifs together to make a doily or a runner or a tablecloth. There are a couple of square ones that I could even use for that vest possibly.

OH! I just remembered that today is the 13th!!!! I meant to bring home the container with the names and have my granddaughter draw out a winner but I forgot to bring it home! So you will be in suspense until tomorrow now because I'm not going to drive 14 miles to do it now. Bummer...if I'd remembered, I could have stopped at the office on my way home. All I was thinking about was our picnic in the park today. Besides everything else, we had put together a special scrapbook for my son's fiance and I was excited about that.

I like to know who it is too, because I don't start tatting until I know who it is. I prefer to personalize it rather than just tat something generic. Sure, it might be easier on me but I'm doing this for the fun of it and one of the fun elements is trying to make it specific to the winner.

Well....maybe I should go tat on the hanky now!

5 comments:

  1. I love the bookmarks! Aren't they fun to make? I gave my niece Deirdre one today, and she was fascinated by the tatting. Maybe I'll have a new tatting student!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colors of the 3rd bookmark! These are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful bookmarks. That sounds like a good addition to anyone's tatting book collection. Glad you had a good family get together. On pins and needles waiting to see who wins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great book to have. It looks like there are some beautiful patterns in there from what you have tatted and shown here. I know what you mean about calling them motifs...LOL...I always think it's so "interesting" when people call something a snowflake that doesn't have the six sides that a snowflake has.
    May we have a drumroll, please?
    (for tomorrow when you pick the winner)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only know how to end bookmarks with a tassel. Love the way you end the bookmarks with a tatted tail with some small rings.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.