Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm really tired tonight but I wanted to show the tea-for-one my daughter got me for my birthday. If you've read my blog much, you know I collect tea-for-ones. I've cut back, limiting myself to what I find when I travel and what I get from friends, so I haven't mentioned any since probably Christmas. My dear daughter has had the worst luck in buying them for me. Almost every single time, it's one I've already bought myself! It's become something of a joke so it was quite a happy event to get one that I DID NOT have! She bought it in Pennsylvania as they traveled back from Maryland a few weeks ago.

Good job Laurie and THANK YOU!!!!!! I love the butterflies all over it! hmm...I might have to have some kind of tatted butterfly doily to put under it.

I did tat last night, getting 1/2 of one side of the hanky edging tatted. I didn't sleep well and had a busy day, going to the pool after work and then my daughter's house after that and then Walmart before finally landing at home. I've added some oomph to my workouts and I'm feeling it. I have my physical in the morning and I suspect a good night's sleep will help keep my blood pressure down.

Before I sign off, I wanted to mention that I did take photos of the Berry Lace collection during my lace guild's last meeting. We could only take photos with the stipulation that we weren't publishing them. I imagine one or two is not an issue, but I haven't chosen which one or two. It was almost all some form of bobbinlace or needlelace. It was mostly made up of fans, doilies and hankies. I particularly loved the embroidery in one fan with teeny tiny metal beads and sequins. Maybe I'll show that one. I took some close-ups of the beads as well as regular shots.

And now I'm going to try to catch up on a few blogs before I catch up on shut-eye!

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful tea for one. Lucky you! My Dad always buys things for him right before his birthday so we forbid him from buying anything until after his birthday. LOL

    Tara
    http://tattedlacetreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.