Saturday, May 08, 2004



Yep, my first foray into bobbinlacing. I popped into Bette's office yesterday with the bag of bobbins to see if she could possibly identify the owner from the bag. It's unknown still. She sent me on my way with instructions to wind a yard or two on the bobbins and with a copy of Bobbin Lacemaking by Rosemary Shepherd. It was late last night when I got around to winding the bobbins - way more time consuming than filling a tatting shuttle! And I only read a page or two of the beginning of the book. We started early at our lace meeting this morning - well, the usual 9:00 a.m., but it was a business meeting first so we had lots to dispense with. The rest of the gang was working on some kind of star with Chris mentoring. Bette got me started with the cross and twist and then we got the pillow set up for the sampler pattern in the book. Ah, checking the newsletter...........it was a workshop on the Torchon Star from Weifst Du wieviel Sternlein stehen? Me, I was just as happy to be doing the "learner" stitches. LOL!

hmmmmmmm............I didn't find out how to end or to add a new thread.



My Rose Garden doily so far. I hope to get the last motif in this round done tonight. Twelve more after that! It actually takes a bit more thread for the chains than the rings in this motif. Very close to the rings though.

I really need another day this weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.