Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The beautiful, almost balmy weather today coincided with a building case of SPRING FEVER! Spring means flowers...so gotta tat some flowers, right? These are the tulips from the Italian magazine, Chiacchierino,10. I think I'm actually going to have to work with translating some of it. There is a delightful small doily in there that I really like - but no diagram.

See my oopsie? At first I thought I was going to have to retro-tat where I ended on that leaf but then realized it would be much simpler to simply tat a small bridge. I will fix it later this week. It was truly a pain hiding the ends to begin with. The poor ending didn't seem nearly so obvious until I scanned it. That reminds me, I will xerox every piece I make for phase 2 of T.A.T. Not only do you have to use a huge thread to tat the lessons to begin with, they copy them slightly enlarged so every flaw shows up!

What am I going to do with it? I really don't know just yet.



This is a sweet rosette from Mary Konior's Visual Tatting. She has a variation of this fragment flower in every one of her books.

You would think it's very simple. It is, but for some reason, every attempt I made last night was a mistake. I made 3 tries and then gave up. Tatted it today during my lunch hour instead.

I'll tat some of these up from shuttle endings for give-aways from our lace guild.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Daniela, and I live in Italy. I have different issues of the "Chiacchierino" magazine. If you need something, you can ask me...
    Smiles
    Daniela Cadamosti / Italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tulips turned out beautiful! I have seen this magazine in person and I should have gotten it when I had the chance, DARN! I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.