Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm still playing around with needle tatting. It's EASY but I love the shuttle whole lots more. I'm going to satin stitch around some fabric circles tonight so my students will have something to attach their edging to. We may just do the little wreath. It's an easy tat and just about the right amount of time. They can do the edging later...if they want.

This morning as I was getting ready for work, a book caught my eye on the shelf of a table in my room. Long story about why it's there so we'll skip that part but I ended up pulling several out. Found an I.O.L.I. Bulletin from a few years back, an Anna, and some quilt books, several craft magazines I'd forgotten about and in one, there was an intriguing pull-apart victorian purse. The underbag had the hand cords and a tassle and the overbag, that went over it was decorated. It was like a tube and then you sewed the top part together between the hand cords. bzzz...bzzzz...bzzzz....brain was already working overtime.

I also got a quilt book last night in the mail, Applique Takes Wing, which I've wanted for forever but made myself put it on my Christmas list instead of buying it on the spot. I didn't get it after all that waiting but that's probably just as well. I got a used copy now for about 1/3 less. I definitely have to get back to quilting,as soon as I finish my current tatting projects.

That crocheted capelet? My sister tried it on last week. It's only about 1/3 done but it's way too ruffly. Something is wrong. I know I've done the increases correctly but it sure doesn't look like it. So I set it aside until I figure out what I want to do. It might be easier to see my mistake if I come back to it at a later date.

The new online lesson has a heart with buttons by Mary Maynard. I can't wait to try it but not with buttons. I have something else in mind. I'll show it if it turns out. I might even show it if it doesn't turn out. LOL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.