Sunday, February 05, 2006

My lacemaker friend Bette proposed a macrame crochet lace project for our lace group ....sometime in the future. It's a combination of a crocheted cord and needlelace. Quite intriguing. I decided to crochet up some of the cord last night which is the foundation for much of the needlelace. This is from an Anna magazine and I find Anna a bit vague on directions sometimes. There are numerous pictures and drawings with this but I don't think I'm doing it right. It looks more rounded in the photos. The directions say something about tilting the stitches back and I have no idea what that means. At first, I thought the cord looked right ( at 1:00 a.m. last night) but today, I'm certain it's too flat. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to just make it on a lucet. A cord is a cord, right? The directions are in Anna, issue November, 1999. If anyone has some experience with making this kind of cord, please contact me. ginab6@yahoo.com


I went to Michael's today with my 40% off coupon hoping they had some shuttles in. They didn't, but I found these interesting scrapbooking tins. They're called "stitched tin tiles". They vary from about 1/2" to 1 1/2" in size. What caught my eye were those tiny holes all around the edge. Doesn't that just scream out "TAT ON ME, TAT ON ME" to you? My size 14 hook goes nicely through the holes. The back is a little rough and possibly the edges are sharp so I'm going to have to give some thought to that before I actually put thread on there, but I definitely have IDEAS! My friend Tami works in the store and she tats too. When she saw me browsing in the scrapbooking section, she asked if I scrapbooked too. I can't say that I really do...I play at it, but never seem to get much done, but when I told her why I was looking at the teensy tins, her eyes lit up and she started backing away, saying "you're giving me ideas" like it's a dreaded disease. LOL!

I got the 2005 Ring of Tatters book yesterday and I've browsed through it twice now. Lots of wonderful history in there. That gave me an idea for my lace group...sigh...sometimes creativity is a dangerous thing. I also won a 1999 issue of ROT on Ebay so I'll be getting that soon. In the meantime, I've got make myself package up my secret valentine's booty and get it off to the post office.

Oh, I found out Hobby Lobby has a 40% off coupon online, so I'm going to take it and get those shuttles I've been trying to get at Michael's for 3 months now. Hobby Lobby now carries them. They're a little more expensive but at least they are THERE and with the coupon, it won't be so bad. You can use one coupon per day, so whatta deal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.